Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Did You Know that Doodles are a Sign of Intelligence?

One of the brightest people that I have ever met was John Morrison. John was an architect and a professional engineer. He was a chain smoking Camel (non-filtered), down to earth, practical, Texan to the core, and brilliant man.

He was my 2nd boss out of college.

If you are also named "John", on my LinkedIn list, an architect, and past partner of this truly unique person, then you know who I am writing about.

I don't know if John Morrison is still alive. I hope so. But, it is possible that the Camels finally stampeded over his ability to dodge the inevitable. Like John, I also have double who has my name and is a professional wrestler. But I digress...

John was always doodling. He would doodle when he was listening intently to a conversation in person or on the phone. Sheets and sheets of paper were filled with his doodles. I only wish that I pocketed at least one to show you. Each on looked similar to the other. They all had thin lines drawn in curves that radiated out from themselves in various concentric fashion. I often wished to know what was going on in his mind while his hand was steadily etching out the next episode of his concurrent swivels.

No surprise to me, there now has been proof that doodling is a sign of higher intelligence. Check out this video to learn more about how you might also be a genius like my early mentor and doodler was.



Just click here to get your copy of My Designed Home


Click on the "ReTweet" button below and follow me on twitter. I am LaneArch there.




Check it out and let me know of your thoughts on my Facebook Fan page. Please "Like" the FB page while at...Click Here to Comment

No comments: